Making healthier lifestyle choices is not easy, trust me I love my home comforts and sweet treats! Sometimes it's just about making small changes and you'll soon be reaping the benefits. I hate feeling groggy and generally unfit, so if I don't make changes now then I know I never will. Here's 10 healthy habits I'm following - I would love to know any you guys are doing!
1. A cup of warm water and lemon when I wake up - great at aiding digestion and getting rid of toxins.
2. Work out at least twice a week for 45 minutes - I currently do pilates, what do you guys enjoy doing?
3. Have a vegetarian meal once a week - trying to cut back on red meat.
4. Drink less alcohol - a tricky one but I haven't had a drop since the new year!
5. Avoid eating too late - allows your body to digest food and not over indulge.
6. Switching caffeine for herbal teas- green tea is packed full of antioxidants.
7. Eye test - always good to check you're on the right prescription to avoid headaches and eye strain, I've found out my eyes have got better when I got them last checked!
8. Take a multivitamin daily - great for when I don't get all of my 5 a day.
9. Take my lunch break outside - daily dose of vitamin D and good to stretch my legs!
10. Visit the dentist every year - I put a reminder in my phone so I don't forget.
What healthy habits have you kept up this year?